Thank you for your interest in learning a bit more about me!
I’m a professional race car and karting driver coach. I work with drivers at all levels ranging from beginners to championship winning drivers. In karting this has varied all the way from drivers taking their first steps in a rental kart, to supporting drivers taking part in WSK karting events in Europe.
Starting my coaching career was unintentional. When I was actively racing in karts, I was recommended as a coach by teammates and team owners because they liked the way I had coached them informally. Thanks to continuing recommendations made by team owners and other drivers, I’ve been coaching since about 2005.
In addition to coaching activities, I provide advanced driving and instructor services for car manufacturers such as Mercedes Benz (in Australia/New Zealand, and South East Asia), Nio, and Porsche. This consists primarily of events at race tracks where the instructors’ role involved providing existing and potential customers and media with instruction on safely
My own racing experience started with karting before I hit my teenage years in Finland – first with indoor rental karting, and then moving on to competition kart racing. Highlights of my karting career include winning back-to-back titles in the Malaysian and Asian Rotax Karting championships, and taking part in 4 Rotax Grand Finals.
In karting I’ve coached primarily young drivers racing at the Cadet, Junior, and Senior categories. I have also occasionally coached older drivers – several of which I coach in their race car exploits as well. I generally prefer working with drivers over longer durations rather than one-off coaching sessions – however even one or two days is often very useful to get a driver up to speed or start to build on the fundamentals. I’ve also worked as team driver coach for a few karting teams in the past, but more recently my focus has been on direct one-on-one coaching relationships.
In cars my coaching experience has consisted primarily of one-on-one coaching of drivers in the Ferrari Challenge Asia series, the Caterham Asia/Malaysia Championship, Lamborghini Super Trofeo, various single-seater drivers, Porsche Carrera Cup, and Radicals – all in a mixture of race events and test days.
Motorsports Racing Experience:
- Lamborghini Super Trofeo Asia – 2023 Season
- 16 Years of Kart Racing including 2 Rotax Asia Championships
- Formula Hayabusa Single Seater Cars – F1 Support races in Malaysia
- Formula BMW Asia Pacific
- Caterham Supersport Asia
- Porsche Carrera Cup Asia
- GT Open Category Racing
- Malaysian Rally Championship (Co-Driver)
- Malaysian MotoGP Support Race (Kawasaki Kipps)
Coaching of Racing Drivers in:
- Porsche Carrera Cup
- Blancpain GT Asia Series
- Ferrari Challenge Asia Pacific
- Audi R8 LMS Cup
- Formula V6
- Formula Renault
- Caterham Asia Series – Chief Series Instructor
- Lamborghini Super Trofeo Asia
- Over 100 individual karting & car drivers coached on a one-on-one basis in Asia, Europe, and USA.
- Mercedes-AMG and Mercedes Benz in Australasian region.
- Instructor at events & track days (Porsche, Subaru, Nissan, Lamborghini, Nio).
- Instructor and course content creator for TOC-Aylezo Racing Academy.
- Karting programme head coach for Global Racing Schools.
- Tyre evaluation work for Caterham Asia Series.